Friday 17 August 2012

Nurses Are Really Angelic Humans

THAT'S  A  NURSE
The were arguing in the cab about the saying that nurse are angels and the opposing man  didnt seem to be making any headway.Finally,my friend motioned him to keep quiet and listen to his story and what made him to believe that nurses are angels.

''I was once rushed to hospital sometime in 2006 after been invoved in a ghastly auto crash.By the time we arrived the hospital,it was 7:48pm and the night nurses were taking over from the afternoon nurses and getting ready to go home.On seeing the number of casualties(about 6 of us) rushed in and in critical condition,all of them just got up from their desks and started attending to us.They got the infusions(drip),called some other colleagues from the next section to come and assist,and about 3 of us who were unconscious were put on the couches and everyone was running around to see that we got better''.

''Looking at them I knew that they were tired.I particularly noticed one of them who  even used her money to buy some food for me and my friend when all others had finally gone home.She stayed with us after dressing our wounds(I could say all this because I only had a fracture on my leg,so I was completely alert).They said that no food should be given to the other guys.I didn't know why''.

''This nurse really behaved as if she had known me and my friend for many years,that I was tempted to suspect she was up to something  funny .I was told it was just a professional attitude.But to me,it was a rare attitude that I witnessed that day.These set of people were totally commited to us and were ready to give everything to see we got better and we all saw it in them.I instantly concluded that if that was how nurses behaved,then I must marry a nurse.As I'm talking to you now,one of those patients,the man we even thought was going to die,later married one of the nurses!YES.They live in Kent,United Kingdom today.I later learnt that the guy was an engineer working with a construction firm in Benin City.And I'm seriously planning my own wedding with the very one i told you that she bought food with her money for me that night.''

''I will say it everywhere that nurse are really angelic,no matter what some of them do to taint the image of the profession''

The argument could not continue and before long the cab pulled up and we all dispersed.


1 comment: